Collection of Personal Information
When you engage in certain activities on this site, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these types of activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, you may be required to provide personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and other personal identifying information.
When you submit personal information, you understand and agree that Lpdeezign & Marketing may transfer, store, and process your information.
Lpdeezign & Marketing collects this information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. Lpdeezign & Marketing also uses information that you provide as part of our effort to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services. Lpdeezign & Marketing will never sell or share your information with other companies.
2. Web Design. Lpdeezign & Marketing has the right to purchase WordPress themes and customize them for the client. Lpdeezign & Marketing will not take credit for the theme design, but will take credit for the layout design. If the client has asked for a fully customized website, Lpdeezign & Marketing will build a fully customized website and additional charges may apply.
3. Maintenance and Hourly Rate. This agreement includes minor webpage maintenance to regular webpages over a six-month period, including updating links and making minor changes to a sentence or paragraph. It does not include removing nearly all the text from a page and replacing it with new text. If the client or an agent other than Lpdeezign & Marketing attempts to update the client’s pages, time to repair webpages will be assessed at the hourly rate, and is not included as part of the updating time. The six-month maintenance period commences upon the date the website goes live.
Changes requested by the client beyond those limits will be billed at the hourly rate of $100.00. This rate shall also govern additional work authorized beyond the maximums specified above for such services as general Internet orientation education, marketing consulting, webpage design, editing, modifying product pages and databases in an online store, and art, photo, graphics services, and helping clients learn how to use their own webpage editor. CGI programming charges (if any) are not included in this rate.
4. Changes to Submitted Text. Please send us your final text if applicable. Time required to make substantive changes to client-submitted text after the Webpages have been constructed will be additional, billed at the hourly rate.
5. Web Hosting. The client is responsible for continuing to renew hosting with their current hosting provider or switch providers. The client, therefore, attains a separate contract with the chosen web-hosting provider.
6. Completion Date. Lpdeezign & Marketing and the client must work together to complete the website in a timely manner. Lpdeezign & Marketing agrees to work expeditiously to complete this project no later than ___________________.
If the client has not submitted complete text and graphics to Lpdeezign & Marketing within 1 month of the completion date, the completion date will extend to one more week per every week the client does not supply content.
Lpdeezign & Marketing acknowledges that a timely completion of the project is essential to the client’s business. If Lpdeezign & Marketing does not complete the project (in which case the client is not at fault) by ___________________, the client shall not be obligated to pay the remainder of the fees.
7. Payment of Fees. Fees to Lpdeezign & Marketing are due and payable upon the following schedule unless otherwise indicated:
- 50% of the total estimated costs upon signing of this contract
- 50% upon successful completion of the project
Advertising the pages to web search engines and updating the pages occur only after the final payment is made. All payments will be made in US funds.
8. Assignment of Project. Lpdeezign & Marketing reserves the right to assign subcontractors to this project to ensure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion. If bringing in a subcontractor, the total project cost provided by Lpdeezign & Marketing will include the estimated cost from the subcontractor. If there are additional costs that are acquired by the subcontractor, Lpdeezign & Marketing will need to get the clients authorization for these costs before moving forward.
9. Legal. Lpdeezign & Marketing does not warrant that the functions contained in these webpages or the Internet website will meet the client’s requirements or that the operation of the webpages will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Lpdeezign & Marketing will be held responsible to fix any interruptions or errors that are due to any work produced by Lpdeezign & Marketing. Anything that was not created by Lpdeezign & Marketing, the client will be held responsible for getting the interruptions or errors fixed. If there are outside interruptions or errors, Lpdeezign & Marketing will advise the client to the correct service provider so that the client can then follow-up with the correct service provider in order to get the issue resolved. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
10. Copyrights and Trademarks. The client represents to Lpdeezign & Marketing and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Lpdeezign & Marketing for inclusion in webpages are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Lpdeezign & Marketing and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
In addition to the above, Lpdeezign & Marketing represents to the client and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to the client for inclusion in webpages are owned by Lpdeezign & Marketing, or that Lpdeezign & Marketing has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend the client from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by Lpdeezign & Marketing or its subcontractors.
11. Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce. From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Lpdeezign & Marketing and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
12. Copyright to Webpages. Upon final payment of this contract, the client is assigned unlimited rights and ownership to use the web design, graphics, and text contained in the finished assembled website. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up files, and computer programs are specifically not transferred to the client, and remain the property of their respective owners. Lpdeezign & Marketing and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.