Tips for Instagram 2015-2016
We’ve found these 10 tips from Union Metrics to be helpful when trying to build your presence on Instagram.
- Post content outside US business hours. Instagram is most active on nights and weekends.
- Post 1-2 times a day to get the most engagement per post.
- Don’t stop posting for long periods of time or you will lose followers.
- Post more photos than videos, as photos get more engagement than videos do on Instagram.
- Post only high-quality imagery using the Instagram aesthetic. Filters are not necessary.
- Use 3-10 hashtags per post. Don’t go crazy with 25 hashtags; it’s annoying and doesn’t gain you anything.
- Try a mix of hashtags to find out what works best for you. There is no one-size-fits-all hashtag.
- Consider adding hashtags in a comment separate from a post’s caption.
- Don’t add new hashtags to older posts. They won’t be discoverable in Instagram’s search.
- Try new things to find out what works best for your audience.If you have any questions or need help maintaining your Instagram account, please contact us.