Facebook Page Design is Changing
Facebook Pages are getting a new design. Facebook has announced that on March 30, 2012 all pages are going to be getting the new timeline design. Below are some FAQ’s we have put together for those of you who want to be prepared.
When the change happens will I be notified?
[img style=”shadow” caption=”” prettylink=”” prettygallery=”” alt=”Facebook new design” align=”left”]http://lpdeezign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/facebookpagedesign21.jpg[/img]
[img style=”shadow” caption=”” prettylink=”” prettygallery=”” alt=”Facebook new design” align=”left”]http://lpdeezign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Facebookdesign.jpg[/img]
How should I prepare for the change?
Make sure to update your content, change the size of your profile photo and add a cover/banner at the top of your Facebook page.
How should I chose the right cover/banner for my page?
Facebook does not allow advertising, so use a great photo that showcases you or your work. Make sure that it is an original photo so you do not get into copyright issues. Learn more about Facebook covers. Also if you need a custom Facebook cover design, please contact us, we would be happy to design something unique for you.
What does the new Facebook page design look like?
[img style=”shadow” caption=”” prettylink=”” prettygallery=”” alt=”Facebook new design” align=”left”]http://lpdeezign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Facebookpagedesign31.jpg[/img]
Here is a list of new Facebook features:
- Cover photo: Your cover photo is the first thing people will see when they visit your Page. Choose a unique photo and change it as often as you like. Or, learn more about picking a great cover photo.
- Profile photo: Your profile picture represents your Page on other parts of Facebook, like in news feed.Use your logo or another image that represents your Page. Choose an image that’s square and at least 180 pixels wide.
- Photos: Photos, likes and apps are now at the top of your Page. Photos show in the first spot, but you can change the order of everything else so people see what matters most. You can show a maximum number of 12 apps, so make sure to put your most important ones first.
- Timeline: You can now hover over a story and click on the star to make it wider, or on the pencil to pin it to the top of your Page, hide or delete it entirely.
- Admin Panel: You can know keep track of your activity on your Page from the admin panel. Respond when people write on your Page timeline, and view your latest insights. Visit your activity log to review all your posts and activity.
- Messages: Now people can contact you privately using messages. Notifications about new messages will appear right in your admin panel.
To learn more about this topic, view Facebook’s what’s new page.Make sure to check back. We will be releasing a How to Customize Your Facebook Page post very soon!